24 September, 2011

Life Of Pi

Written by Yann Martel and has also won the Man Booker Prize in 2002. This revolves around an Indian boy from Pondicherry named  Piscine Molitor Patel or in short 'Pi'. The story is about the survival of Pi after a shipwreck, while stranded on a boat in the Pacific Ocean with a Bengal tiger named Richard Parker.
I was presented this book on my birthday and when I read the first few pages I was wondering what made it win the Booker. I had kept it aside for almost a month and then when I had no option, began reading it again. Good that I decided to read it else I would have missed all the adventure in the book. Once Pi's journey in the Pacific starts to unfold you will completely get into the character.

According to me this book is

Must Read               Give a Try               Don't Bother

0 comments:

Post a Comment