15 July, 2013

Sabsige Soppu (Dill Leaves) Palav

Me: What do I cook this Sunday?
My conscious: What else? repeat any of these... Veg palav, Fried rice, Jeera rice, blah blah....
Me: NO!!!!.. Am bored....
My conscious: But these are simple and you know them well ....
Me: NO NO NO .... Now, shut up and let me search something new...

and the result of me fighting with my conscious was this recipe. Thanks to Ramya's Mane Adige for making our Sunday delicious :)


What I used:

1 1/2 cup Basmati Rice
1 bunch Dill leaves, chopped finely
1cup carrots, beans
1/2 cup sweet corn
1 Green chilli
1/2 tsp Haldi
1 tsp Lemon juice
Salt as per taste

Dry Masala:
1 tsp Jeera
2 tsp Coriander seeds
2" Cinnamon stick
5-7 cloves
2 Bay Leaves
10 Black pepper corns
2 Elaichi/Cardamoms

How I did:

   1. Powder all the ingredients for the dry masala and keep it aside.
   2. Heat ghee in a cooker or whatever you generally use to prepare palav.  Add jeera and let it splutter.
   3. Add rice, vegetables, dill leaves, dry masala,  2 3/4 cup water, salt. Bring it to boil, close the lid and cook for 10 min.
    4. Once done, pour lemon juice, mix well and serve hot.


How it looked:


How it tasted:
Yummmmmmmmmmmm ..... yummilicious ..... :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Soumya...I was searching for some recipes using sabsige soppu..and here I go found your blog and so glad I did. Definitely going to try this tonight.

--
Poornima Eklaspur

Soumya Sandeep said...

Hey ... what a pleasant surprise. :) . .how u been doing ... n do try it. It tastes awesome .

Lindsay Parker said...

Thanks for your post. I will surely try this recipe.

Post a Comment