15 July, 2013

Sweet Wheat Dosa

Everyday sharp 5PM I start thinking hard on my son's evening snack and I have only 15 min for this as by 5:15 my son is ready with his question as to what I am planning to give him. That particular day I was blank and was tired of preparing the same things for him. Whenever I go blank, Google gets me out of it as usual. Found this simple tempting recipe and thanks to Nags(Edible Garden)

What I used:
Wheat flour  - 3/4 cup
Melted Jaggery  - 2 tsp
Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
Powdered cardamom - 1/3 tsp
Salt  to taste
Ghee - 2 tsp

How I Made It:
1. Mix all the ingredients well to make a loose dough. Neither watery nor very hard.
2. Heat a tava and add some ghee. Take out some dough with your fingers, place on the tava and smooth out to make a dosa. Cook both the sides until they turn brown.


P.S: If you don't have ready made melted jaggery then you need to prepare it. Add few teaspoons of water to jaggery and keep it on low flame until the jaggery melts and has a thread like consistency. If you doubt impurities in your jaggery then its safe to strain it once and then use it as required.


How it looked:



0 comments:

Post a Comment